Thank you to all who entered the first competition of the season and helped us to select the images that will represent us in ‘Interclub’ competitions Round 1, in all the categories we are signed up for…(through our Club Membership with the Photographic Society of America). 👏🏻
Wish us luck with what looks like a great CUB ENTRY !!!!
I know this might seem a bit ridiculous, but here we are, at the beginning of the 2018-19 season already! I won’t ask where the summer went, because I know you don’t know either….😕
Wednesday the 5th is the Guild Opener, followed by the 1st Competition on the 10th…with an upload deadline of Sept 3rd. I encourage everyone to enter the digital categories listed for this competition, as well as the Print Categories.
The highest scoring images, in each of the categories from this Guild/PSA Competition, will be sent as our Club entry to INTERCLUB Competitions at other PSA Clubs across North America and the UK. I am looking forward to uploading our images again this season on the Guild’s behalf…. We are well known and respected for our entries!!! If anyone is interested in helping with Club Rep duties please contact me…
“Happy Image Making to All”….
Viki Gaul, PSA Club Rep for PGNS
Open (any subject), Nature, Photojournalism, Photo Travel (see the rules or ask by return email), Creative (see the rules – can be done ‘in camera’ or by use of layers in post processing)
Small Colour, Small Mono (max 8×12 inches)
Large Colour, Large Mono (max 16×20 inches)
Rules – or see the Blue Book in the Members Only section of the website.
Each digital image should be submitted in the following format:
- Images must be submitted as JPEGs.
- Use maximum image quality. (12 in Photoshop)
- Convert files to sRGB colour space if required.
- Images must be in the proper orientation for viewing when projected.
- The maximum image size is 1400 x 1050, (width x height). Vertical images can have a maximum height of 1050 pixels tall.
- Image file names are required…like – Arctic Fox on the Run
- And photos should not have the author’s name on the image.
- Please read the Upload Guidelines PDF
Hope this is helpful…please feel free to ask questions by sending an email to any one of the executive team listed on the PGNS Website. Please do so well in advance of the upload deadline!