The Competition 1 image upload form is now active.
The 2016-2017 program is nearly completed. The program will be available soon on the website schedule page and as an ics file download for your computer calendar. The printed version will be available at the September 12 competition.
Hello everyone, Hope all your summer plans are in place and you have lots of time for photography!!!! Seems the weather is not cooperating yet, but that will soon change !
We want to invite you to take part in the annual ‘PGNS Summer Treasure Hunt’ …..
Start looking for the following 12 items and make a folder of images to share with us in the fall…Lots of fun ! You can get 1 or 2 or 6 or all 12….Your choice !
HAVE FUN !
From this email you can save the jpg file to your photos and use as a screen saver on your smart phone as a reminder….works for me! Or you can print a copy to keep in your car, or your purse etc….
Viki, on behalf of the PGNS Executive
Several days ago Dean Hirtle sent everyone an email with a survey about the upcoming Guild program. The PGNS executive is going to have to make some important and difficult decisions that will effect the direction the Guild takes in the coming years. This survey is your way to to tell the executive what you like, what you don’t like, what needs to change and what needs to stay the same. Everyone has an equal voice. However, if you do not answer the survey then you will have no voice. Please answer the survey and email it back to Dean. The survey email is repeated here:
Our Executive is planning our Program for next year. To assist us in this task, we are seeking members’ comments/input on four things:
1) The Program changes made for the 15/16 season. (See attached list.) Although you may wish to comment on all the changes, please don’t feel compelled to do so. We are particularly interested in knowing the changes you thought were most positive and those you thought least favourable.
2) Comments, suggestions and ideas on how to improve our Program.
3) From your point of view, please rank the following aspects of our club activities on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being not important and 5 being very important adding comments if you wish:
– Field trips
– “How to” seminars
– Presentation seminars e g photos on a theme, location etc
– Competitions – Guild
– Competitions – CAPA
– Competitions – PSA
– Competitions – Silent Image
– Competitions – Sight and Sound
– Social events – wine and cheese, Xmas party etc
– Guild Goodies
– Photo evaluations – small groups at homes
– Photo evaluations – as part of regular Guild meetings
– Photo evaluations – on our website
– Show and Tell opportunities
– Summer Treasure Hunt
– Honour and Merit Awards
– Annual Spring Show
– Awards Banquet
4) Please consider contributing to our Program by presenting a seminar on a new topic or leading a field trip to a new location.
We are not expecting everyone to respond to all parts of this survey. Input on any item is welcome. Please forward replies to me and our Executive Committee (those copied in this email) by no later than July 20th. Please let us know if you have any questions.