As you probably know, our next competition is the Silent Essay Competition. If you have not yet worked on the essay, it is now time to start doing it.
The results night will be at 7:30 pm on December 6, but the process will be starting much earlier. Here is the brief process:
- Your Silent Essay will consist of a maximum of competition size 12 digital images. The competition size is 1400×1050.
- Please upload your images using our regular competition upload page.
- The upload page for the Silent Essays will be made available on November 8. The upload page will be turned off at 11:45 pm on November 22. This means you will have two weeks for uploading your essay.
- The upload form “categories” are “Image 1”, “Image 2”, … “Image 12”.
- The title of the first image must be the title of the essay. The other images do not have to have a title.
- Make sure you upload the images in the same order as you’d like to show them in the essay. First image of the essay should be uploaded under “Image 1”, the second image in the essay should be uploaded under “Image 2” and so on.
The Photo Guild held 3 competitions, last season, that were called Guild / PSA. From these three competitions we sent 6 digital images and 4 Prints to the various categories. As a result of the three competitions I sent out news about our club standings a month or so ago. Now it is time to show you the individual awards received from those competitions.
For those of you who made it to the Webex meeting, this is ‘old news’, but for those of you who weren’t able to join us, I thought you would be glad to know how well our ‘CLUB ENTRIES’ do on the international scene. I want to ask you to join me in congratulating the CLUB first and the individual members second !
CONGRATULATIONS PGNS and CONGRATULATIONS to each and every participant, and of course to the recipients of these awards for 2019-20.
PGNS PSA Club Rep
This announcement is to let you know the ‘Upload page’ is now open and ready to receive your beautiful entries.
The Guild/PSA competition will be judged online by a team of judges, and the results will be shown on November 1st, including the images chosen from each category to represent the club in PSA Interclub competitions!
So now is the time to get busy, choose the images you will use and upload them to the website before 11:45 PM on the 18th of October.
The definitions for each category are on page 12, sections 12 of the PGNS Bluebook, if you have questions, or you can email me if you need to.
And the Guild Assignment #1 description is… ”Should display a sense of motion”.
So there you have it….get busy, and let’s see what you have been up to!
PSA Club Rep