The images used to achieve the POY trophy 2019-20 will be shown by Viki Gaul, followed by a seminar on ‘creative images’. Featuring how some of Viki’s creatives were conceived and executed, a brief demonstration of adding layers, and a study of images that you will evaluate, based on the definition, and some guidelines.
You will receive a Q&A sheet to print and use during the activity, so sharpen your pencil and have it ready.
Prepare some snacks and beverages, and we will see you on the 21st.
The WebEx link to this meeting is available on the members only web page.
As you are aware of it, due to the pandemic, the Photographic Guild of Nova Scotia was no able to complete the 2019-20 season as originally scheduled. We managed to judge the remaining two competitions in September and we use this meeting to announce the winners of the trophies.
We will not able to hand over your certificates and trophies during this meeting, but we will arrange pickup times with each of you who receive awards.
You can access the link to this event from the members only webpage.
As you probably know, our next competition is the Silent Essay Competition. If you have not yet worked on the essay, it is now time to start doing it.
The results night will be at 7:30 pm on December 6, but the process will be starting much earlier. Here is the brief process:
- Your Silent Essay will consist of a maximum of competition size 12 digital images. The competition size is 1400×1050.
- Please upload your images using our regular competition upload page.
- The upload page for the Silent Essays will be made available on November 8. The upload page will be turned off at 11:45 pm on November 22. This means you will have two weeks for uploading your essay.
- The upload form “categories” are “Image 1”, “Image 2”, … “Image 12”.
- The title of the first image must be the title of the essay. The other images do not have to have a title.
- Make sure you upload the images in the same order as you’d like to show them in the essay. First image of the essay should be uploaded under “Image 1”, the second image in the essay should be uploaded under “Image 2” and so on.